The following are the rules for entering the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery (LST) monthly art competitions. It is important to read the rules and procedures before submitting work to us. Please follow the theme of each competition. This is a critical. If you have questions regarding the theme and its interpretation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with the application process.
Please read and be sure you understand thoroughly the Light Space & Time procedures for participating in our monthly art competition.
- Entries must follow competition theme.
- Competition is open to all 2 and 3 dimensional artists.
- Competition is open to amateur and professional artists.
- Photography is included but video is excluded.
- Competition is international.
- Artists 18 years old and older may apply.
- Files must be in JPG format.
- Files may not exceed 1MB.
- Images may only be entered
- No art previously shown on the LST website may be re-submitted.
- Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
- There is no limit to the number of images that an artist can submit.
If you have questions regarding the competition theme or rules, please contact us at email@example.com.AWARDS:
Ten winning artists will be selected for the Overall Category, chosen from the two (2) media categories. Each media category will have a first, second, third, fourth and fifth place as well as five honorable mention awards. There will be Special Recognition awards for each media category. There will also be a Special Merit Category, which is art chosen from both media categories.
- The winning images will be seen by an international audience of gallery directors, art collectors and art consultants. The winning entries will be featured on the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery website for one month and then remain in the gallery’s Archives.
- By having their work on the LST website, winning artists should increase exposure to their work, enhance their resume and create an increased number of backlinks to their own website.
- After the art show closes each month, the exhibition will remain in the LST Archive to be viewed by website visitors and be available to be promoted by the artist through their personal art portfolio.
- LST will promote the winning artists of each exhibition via email, online press releases, online event promotions and social media marketing to art collectors, art gallery owners and directors and related art professionals.
- LST will promote the winning results by posting press releases to more than 70 online Press Release sites. Each press release will detail that month’s exhibition and when possible, advertise the artist’s professional art websites. In addition, LST will promote that month’s art exhibition to worldwide event sites.
- LST also provides promotion to the artists in the Special Merit and Special Recognition categories and lists them in the archive at the close of the show in which they are included.
The entry fee is $14.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $24.00 for 3 to 5 entries. (Higher Entry Fees May Apply for Special Art Competitions, such as the "Solo Art Series"). There Are No Return of Any Entry Fees.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:See the LST website for the deadline for this month’s competition. HOW TO ENTER:
- Upload your images in the form provided by Submittable.com. Follow each step closely.
- LST uses the Submittable entry platform to receive and administer all art entries. Submittable offers PayPal payments and credit card payments to pay for the entry fees.
Prepare your images before beginning the submission process. Submissions are only accepted via the LST online process.
Here are two articles to help you when you submit your entries to LST; How to Photograph Your Art the Right Way and How Not to Submit Your Images. In addition, here is a video by Tyler Stalman, produced for Saatchi Online that shows how to reproduce your art.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications:
- JPG files only
- Largest width dimension is 10 inches (The height does not matter).
- Resolution of 72 DPI
- JPG compression quality of 12 (or the highest quality setting)
- Do not send images of your artwork, which have been framed or contain watermarks.
- Here are two sources to resize your images resizeimage.net and webresizer.com.
LST may color correct your images in order to enhance the overall presentation. LST may crop your images for formatting purposes for use in the Next Gen Carousel, Next Gen Slide Show, Event Catalogue, other off-site slide shows, YouTube presentations, other LST presentations and for other areas of the website if your images are chosen.
NEW LABELING GUIDELINES:
We only need the title of the image. Please fill out the entire form and load all five (5) images (or less entries) before sending the upload. If the submitted images are not sized properly, the artist understands that LST may have to resize and crop the images to conform to the format constraints.
The file name may not include characters such as #, $, &, periods or other similar characters as part of the file, and it is important to follow these instructions about the file name to allow the right storage into the image database.
Image name may not exceed 40 characters. Please note that image name is the name of the artwork, not the file name.ARTIST BIOGRAPHY:
When submitting your entries, we ask that you provide a short bio (1,000 Word Limit), written in the third person. Tell us a little bit about yourself: your artistic training, your artistic inspiration, media choice, any special techniques used, any prior exhibitions… anything that you might like our patrons and visitors to know about you. Also, include your website URL.
NOTE: In the final evaluation and for our choices for the top exhibition selections, we will select the artist who has provided us with a complete bio, versus an artist who did not, therefore it is important to provide this information to us. Poorly written bios or any bios that have exceeded the word limit will be edited.ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION:
Every artist whose artwork is chosen for that month’s art exhibition will receive an email notification. All other art competition participants will receive an email notifying them that their artwork was not selected, along with the results of that art competition.CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
The artwork submitted to our competitions will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
- Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
The Juror of the art competition will be John R. Math and he may be assisted by other art professionals when they are available. John R. Math is the founder and the Gallery Director of the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery. John is also a fine art photographer who successfully sells his work through art galleries and through art representatives, mostly to the corporate art world. In addition, he is an art marketing expert helping new and emerging artists to market and promote their art.IMPORTANT DATES:
Please review the dates of each month’s competition for deadlines and themes in the website’s posts or pages.SALES:
LST does not participate in any sales of art. All purchase inquiries will be referred directly back to the artist for disposition.EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION:
Artist agrees and understands that by submitting their artwork to the LST Gallery that they are opting in and will be placed as a Gallery Subscriber and will receive future email announcements and email notices from us. If you want to be removed from this Email Subscriber List, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you immediately from all future email messages from the Gallery.USE RIGHTS:
Artists who submit their artwork to the Light Space Time Online Art Gallery (LST) website for an art competition and have any of their submitted artwork chosen for participation in the subsequent art exhibition agree to the following; That LST be granted usage of the chosen artwork, only for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition, and for any future LST themed art exhibitions and that usage of that image(s) is limited to any LST press releases, LST event presentations, LST articles, LST graphics, LST slide shows, LST presentations, LST event materials and for use on the LST website.
The artist further agrees that LST can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork for the purpose of a historical documentation and as a record of past themed shows. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the LST website (www.lightspacetime.com). LST will credit each image creator with their Artist Name, File Name and the Artist Website, if applicable. The Artist shall maintain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to LST.
No resale of or exchange of images will occur by LST. All images contained herein or attached to this website are the property of the artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all applicable rights to said images. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
Any questions? Contact us at: email@example.com
Do Not Use Someone Else's Submittable Account to Submit Your Entries to Our Art Competitions. This Causes Confusion, Errors and Wastes Time during Our Administration Process. When we find such entries, we will Reject the Artist's Entire Submission Without Return of Entry Fees. Thank You For Your Cooperation.
Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery announces their 6th Annual “SeaScapes” Online Juried Art Competition for the month of October 2016. 2D and 3D artists from around the world are called upon to make online submissions for possible inclusion into the Gallery’s November 2016 online group art exhibition. The gallery encourages entries from artists (including photography), regardless of where they reside to apply to this competition by submitting their seascape themed art.
The "Seascape" theme will be the artist’s interpretation and depiction of seascape art. Seascape subjects would include scenes of coastal living, any ocean activities, seaside vistas and any related seashore subjects for this art competition.
Here is a link to the 2015 SeaScapes Art Exhibition in order to help guide you as to the type of art that was accepted in the past. In addition, please review our article post which explains the Judging Criteria for Our Juried Art Competitions in order to provide you with a guide in submitting your entries.
Light Space & Time encourages entries from all 2D and 3D artists regardless of where they reside and regardless of their experience or education in the art field to submit their art. A group exhibition of the top five finalists will be held online at the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery during the month of November 2016. Awards will be for 1st through 5th places. Also, 5 Honorable Mention places will be awarded. In addition, depending on the amount and the quality of the entries, Special Merit and Special Recognition awards will be posted as well.
Important Dates for Participating Artists
|Art Competition Opens||September 10, 2016|
|Deadline for Receiving Entries||October 27, 2016|
|Results Emailed to Artists & Posted||November 1, 2016|
|Opening of Online Art Exhibition||November 1, 2016|
|Award Certificates Emailed to Artists||November 8, 2016|
|Online Art Exhibition Closes & Archived||November 30, 2016|
Winners of the 2016 “SeaScapes” Art Exhibition will receive extensive publicity in the form of email marketing, 70+ press release announcements, event announcements, social media marketing and increased website traffic in order to make the art world aware of the artist’s accomplishments.
In addition to the above, artists shall also receive a digital Award Certificate, Award Ribbon, Event Postcard, Press Releases and “Leveraging Your Success” marketing materials if they place in this exhibition.
Artists provide us with your best Seascape art before the deadline.