Scroll Down to Bottom of this Page to View Our Current Competitions
ART COMPETITION RULES
The following are the rules for entering the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery (LST) monthly art competitions. It is important to read the rules and procedures before submitting work to us. Please follow the theme of each competition. This is a critical. If you have questions regarding the theme and its interpretation, contact us at email@example.com. We will help you with the application process.
Please read and be sure you understand thoroughly the Light Space & Time procedures for participating in our monthly art competition.
- Entries must follow competition theme.
- Competition is open to all 2 and 3 dimensional artists.
- Competition is open to amateur and professional artists.
- Photography is included but video is excluded.
- Competition is international.
- Artists 18 years old and older may apply.
- Files must be in JPG format.
- Files may not exceed 1MB.
- No art previously shown on the LST website may be re-submitted.
- Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
- There is no limit to the number of images that an artist can submit. After five (5) entries. Start and complete another submission for the same sompetition.
If you have questions regarding the competition theme or rules, please contact us at .
Ten winning artists will be selected for the Overall Category, chosen from the different media categories. Each media category will have a first, second, third, fourth and fifth place as well as five honorable mention awards. There will be Special Recognition awards for each media category. There will also be a Special Merit Category, which is art chosen from the different media categories.
- LST gallery will promote and post on Artsy.net their monthly overall art exhibition artists and the gallery’s monthly solo art exhibition artists, their art and their website URL’s as part of the gallery’s overall prize package.
- Artsy.net averages 2 million visitors a month and 46% of Artsy users who have purchased art via Artsy started out as art enthusiasts rather than preexisting collectors. By having their artwork placed and marketed on Artsy.net, LST artists will have a distinct advantage in terms of exposure, marketing and SEO of their art through the Light Space & Time/Artsy.net gallery partnership.
- The top winning artists for each exhibition will be promoted and circulated to over 550+ major News Outlets, Premium FOX, CBS, NBC, Affiliated Sites, Guaranteed inclusion on Google News & Bing News and Social Media Inclusion..
- The winning images will be seen by an international audience of gallery directors, art collectors and art consultants. The winning entries will be featured on the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery website for one month and then remain in the gallery’s Archives for five (5) years.
- By having their work on the LST website, winning artists should increase exposure to their work, enhance their resume and create an increased number of backlinks to their own website.
- After the art show closes each month, the exhibition will remain in the LST Archive to be viewed by website visitors and be available to be promoted by the artist through their personal art portfolio.
- LST will promote the winning artists of each exhibition via email, online press releases, online event promotions and social media marketing to art collectors, art gallery owners and directors and related art professionals.
- LST also provides promotion to the artists in the Special Merit and Special Recognition categories and lists them in the archive at the close of the show in which they are included.
The entry fee is $14.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $24.00 for 3 to 5 entries. The gallery now offers an Early Registration & Discounted Entry Fee. From the opening of the competition until the first of the next month, the fee will be $12.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $22.00 for 3 to 5 entries. After this period of time the fees revert to $14.00 and $24.00 respectively. Artists should take advantage of this early registration and discounted entry fee period. For the "Solo Art Series" Art Competition there is no early registration.
There Are No Return of Any Entry Fees.
See the LST website for the deadline for this month’s competition.
HOW TO ENTER:
Upload your images in the form provided by Submittable.com. Follow each step closely.
LST uses the Submittable entry platform to receive and administer all art entries. Submittable offers PayPal payments and credit card payments to pay for the entry fees.
Prepare your images before beginning the submission process. Submissions are only accepted via the LST online process.
Here are two articles to help you when you submit your entries to LST; How to Photograph Your Art the Right Way and How Not to Submit Your Images. In addition, here is a video by Tyler Stalman, produced for Saatchi Online that shows how to reproduce your art.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications:
- JPG files only
- Largest width dimension is 10 inches (The height does not matter).
- Resolution of 72
- JPG compression quality of 12 (or the highest quality setting)
- Do not send images of your artwork, which have been framed or contain watermarks.
- Here are two sources to resize your images resizeimage.net and webresizer.com.
- LST may color correct your images in order to enhance the overall presentation. LST may crop your images for formatting purposes for use in the Next Gen Carousel, Next Gen Slide Show, Event Catalogue, other off-site slide shows, YouTube presentations, other LST presentations and for other areas of the website if your images are chosen.
NEW LABELING GUIDELINES:
We only need the title of the image. Please fill out the entire form and load all five (5) images (or less entries) before sending the upload. If the submitted images are not sized properly, the artist understands that LST may have to resize and crop the images to conform to the format constraints.
Image name may not exceed 40 characters. Please note that image name is the name of the artwork, not the file name.
When submitting your entries, we ask that you provide a short bio (1,000 Word Limit), written in the third person. Tell us a little bit about yourself: your artistic training, your artistic inspiration, media choice, any special techniques used, any prior exhibitions… anything that you might like our patrons and visitors to know about you. Also, include your website URL.
NOTE: In the final evaluation and for our choices for the top exhibition selections, we will select the artist who has provided us with a complete bio, versus an artist who did not, therefore it is important to provide this information to us. Poorly written bios or any bios that have exceeded the word limit will be edited.
Every artist whose artwork is chosen for that month’s art exhibition will receive an email notification. All other art competition participants will receive an email notifying them that their artwork was not selected, along with the results of that art competition.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
The artwork submitted to our competitions will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
- Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
The Juror of the art competition will be John R. Math and he may be assisted by other art professionals when they are available. John R. Math is the founder and the Gallery Director of the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery. John is also a fine art photographer who successfully sells his work through art galleries and through art representatives, mostly to the corporate art world. In addition, he is an art marketing expert helping new and emerging artists to market, promote and sell their art.
Please review the dates of each month’s competition for deadlines and themes in the website’s posts or pages.
LST does not participate in any sales of art. All purchase inquiries will be referred directly back to the artist for disposition.
Artist agrees and understands that by submitting their artwork to the LST Gallery that they are opting in and will be placed as a Gallery Subscriber and will receive future email announcements and email notices from us. If you want to be removed from this Email Subscriber List, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you immediately from all future email messages from the Gallery.
Artists who submit their artwork to the Light Space Time Online Art Gallery (LST) website for an art competition and have any of their submitted artwork chosen for participation in the subsequent art exhibition agree to the following; That LST be granted usage of the chosen artwork, only for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition, and for any future LST themed art exhibitions and that usage of that image(s) is limited to any LST press releases, LST event presentations, LST articles, LST graphics, LST slide shows, LST presentations, LST event materials and for use on the LST website.
The artist further agrees that LST can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork for the purpose of a historical documentation and as a record of past themed shows. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the LST website (www.lightspacetime.art). LST will credit each image creator with their Artist Name, File Name and the Artist Website, if applicable. The Artist shall maintain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to LST.
No resale of or exchange of images will occur by LST. All images contained herein or attached to this website are the property of the artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all applicable rights to said images. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
Any questions? Contact us at: email@example.com
Do Not Use Someone Else's Submittable Account to Submit Your Entries to Our Art Competitions. This Causes Confusion, Errors and Wastes Time during Our Administration Process. When we find such entries, we will Reject the Artist's Entire Submission Without Return of Entry Fees. Thank You for Your Cooperation.
Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery announces their 8th Annual “Landscapes” Juried Art Competition for the month of May 2018. 2D and 3D artists from around the world are called upon to make online submissions for possible inclusion into the Gallery’s June 2018 online group art exhibition.
The gallery encourages entries from artists (including photography), regardless of where they reside to apply to this competition by submitting their best landscape art.
The Landscape theme will be the artist’s interpretation and depiction of the natural world, outdoor scenery, geographical environments’, scenic vistas and related landscape subjects. The deadline to apply to this art competition is May 27, 2018.
Here is a link to the 2017 Landscapes Art Exhibition in order to help you see what type of art was accepted in the past. In addition, please review our article post which explains the Judging Criteria for Our Juried Art Competitions in order to provide you with a guide in submitting your entries.
The 10 best entries chosen from the various media categories will be designated as the Overall Category Winning Artists and will be featured online at the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery during the month of June 2018. Awards will also be given for 1st through 5th places. Also, 5 Honorable Mention places will also be awarded for each media category. In addition, depending on the amount and the quality of the entries received, Special Merit and Special Recognition awards will also be given as well.
Early Registration – Discounted Entry Fee
Lower entry fees are offered from the opening of the competition (10th of the month) until the 1st day of next month (May 1, 2018). The discounted entry fees are as follows; $12.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $22.00 for 3 to 5 entries. After that time, the entry fees revert to the gallery’s normal entry fee amount or $14.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $24.00 for 3 to 5 entries until the deadline of the art competition.
Also, students (who are registered with Submittable and have an email extension of EDU) are able to receive additional lower entry fees for this competition. $10.00 for 1 to 2 entries and $20.00 for 3 to 5 entries.
Light Space & Time encourages entries from all 2D & 3D artists regardless of where they reside and regardless of their experience or education in the art field. A group exhibition of the top ten finalists will be held online at the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery during the month of April 2018. Awards will be for top 10 places.
Important Dates for Participating Artists
Online Art Competition Opens April 10, 2018
Early Registration & Lower Fees End May 01, 2018
Deadline for Receiving Entries May 27, 2018
Results Emailed to Artists & Posted June 01, 2018
Opening of Online Art Exhibition June 01, 2018
Online Art Exhibition Closes & Archived June 30, 2018
Winning artists (10 Overall Category Artists) of the 2018 “Landscapes” Art Exhibition will be promoted extensively by the gallery in the following manner;
Artsy.net averages 2 million visitors a month and 46% of Artsy users who have purchased art via Artsy started out as art enthusiasts rather than preexisting collectors. By having their artwork placed and marketed on Artsy.net, LST artists will have a distinct advantage in terms of exposure, marketing and SEO of their art through the Light Space & Time/Artsy.net gallery partnership.
The top winning artists for each exhibition will be promoted and circulated to over 550+ major News Outlets, Premium FOX, CBS, NBC, Affiliated Sites, Guaranteed inclusion on Google News & Bing News and Social Media Inclusion.
Winning artists will also have their art exhibition results posted and promoted on ArtJobs/artweek.com. Artweek produces 800,000 page impressions per month, 280,000 website visitors per month and has 30,000 newsletter subscribers.
Winning artists will also have their art exhibition results posted and promoted on Art.Base.co. Art.Base produces 100,000 page views per month, 35,000 monthly unique visitors and has 10,000+ newsletter subscribers.
The LST Gallery website averages 70,000+ visitors and more than 225,000+ page views per month. Out of those visitors, 80% are new visitors to the website. Being a winning overall category artist should result in an increase in visitor traffic to the artist’s website as well.
In addition to the above, these winning artists of this exhibition will receive extensive worldwide publicity in the form of email marketing, event announcements and wide-spread social media marketing and promotion to make the art world aware of the artists’ achievement.
There will also be a video of the winning artists’ artworks on the Light Space & Time YouTube Channel. In addition, there will also be links back to the artists’ website as part of this achievement package. Winning artists also receive a digital Award Certificate, digital Award Ribbon, digital Event Postcard, and Press Release for their art portfolio.
Artists provide us with your best landscape art now or before the deadline.